|Published: 9:56 AM, 06/03/2013
||Last updated: 9:57 AM, 06/03/2013
Author: Staff Report
Source: The Monroe County Advocate
A well-known Monroe County business was
struck by fire Tuesday evening, but damage was believed to be
Monroe County Sheriff's Deputy Josh
Woods said it was around 7:30 p.m. when he went to a fire call at
Benton Hams on Highway 411. He said he could see smoke coming from
the back of the building when he pulled up.
Owner Allan Benton said he had been
smoking meat continuously in the smoke room for three days before
something caught fire.
No one was injured in the fire and
damage to the building estimated at $10,000. Benton said he got all
of the meat out before it burned.
Vonore Fire Department responded the
fire, but a cause isn't yet known.
Subscribe to The Advocate and Democrat by clicking SUBSCRIBE.
Sign up for Breaking News emails from The Advocate and Democrat by clicking EMAIL ALERTS and inputting
your email address next to "Add Me" near the top left corner.