|Published: 8:36 AM, 02/25/2013
||Last updated: 8:36 AM, 02/25/2013
Author: Tommy Millsaps
Source: The Monroe County Advocate
SWEETWATER-The Tennessee Bureau of
Investigation says the investigation into missing Monroe County Red
Cross funds is still open, but should be completed and turned over
soon to the District Attorney's Office, a TBI spokeswoman said
TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm previously
said the TBI opened an investigation at the request of the District
Attorney's Office on May 9, 2012 concerning allegations of missing
Red Cross funds.
The investigation stems from
allegations of questionable withdrawals in Athens, Madisonville and
Sweetwater, Helms said. Allegations are that more than $20,000 worth
of funds that were supposed to go toward Tellico Plains tornado
relief went missing last spring.
See full story in the Sunday, Feb. 24, edition of The Advocate & Democrat.
Subscribe to The Advocate and Democrat by clicking SUBSCRIBE.
Sign up for Breaking News emails from The Advocate and Democrat by clicking EMAIL ALERTS and inputting
your email address next to "Add Me" near the top left corner.